For our client (a research organization) we are looking for a team (cluster) leader Applied Bioinformatics
For our client (a research organization) we are looking for a team (cluster) leader Applied Bioinformatics who:
- Will be an inspiring manager for a young and enthusiastic team (10 permanent staff members and PhD’s and post-docs);
- Has a clear vision on how bioinformatics needs to be developed to meet future needs;
- Is able to translate this vision into a consistent line of research projects;
- Has and will continue to build a scientific network within the relevant research community;
- Will support and build our stable relationship with research institutes and internationally operating breeding companies based on personal reliance and scientific quality;
- Will design and initiate new research projects, through interactions with other research groups, especially with the chair groups
- Bioinformatics, Plant and Business Unit Bioinformatics.
- Will be responsible for the quality of scientific research and project management in the group;
- Will make a vital contribution to the development of the team by regular coaching and by yearly result evaluations of individual team members;
- Will be responsible for achieving financial targets for the group;
- Will be an active member of the management team of Bioscience and play a role in the ongoing professionalization of the Business Unit as a whole by contributing to long term business and strategic personnel plans;
- Represents the Business Unit Bioscience as a whole in external contacts.
- Degree in genome bioinformatics, comparative genomics and/ or systems biology;
- Broad experience in acting as project leader;
- Extensive network in bioinformatics;
- Convincing scientific track record (publications) and patent portfolio;
- Skilled empathic manager, familiar with managing a team of professionals in a research organization
- Experience in initiating, acquiring and managing multi-stakeholder or international research projects.
- Team-orientated leadership;
- Initiative; result-driven;
- Well developed awareness of science, policy and business environments;
- Excellent communicative and interactive personal skills;
- Service oriented;
- Good command of the English and preferably also Dutch language.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call: +31 (0) 6 45 64 22 79